Most of us are at home, hoping the COVID-19 pandemic passes as soon as possible. Adjusting to a life of social distancing can be a challenge for many reasons, simply because it might seem like there is not much to do while sitting at home. We came up with a few ideas to help you manage your time.
- Set a schedule for your kids that might include times for reading, school work, exercise, and game time.
- Schedule a family happy hour each evening before dinner. Use it as a time to talk about what is going on and share fun family traditions.
- Teach your kids to cook.
- Have a family movie night with popcorn.
- Set up an exercise routine. Run up and down the stairs.
- Organize that room you have meant to over the last year.
- If the weather is pleasant, playing outside is a terrific option when you need to get out of the house.
- Take time each day to share something you are thankful for or are hopeful for. It can be difficult to deal with all the news right now. Why not share something positive, like a video of people showing solidarity during this pandemic or a good news story that you found online?
- Learn from our YouTube tutorials.
- Take care of your physical health. Get a good amount of sleep and exercise, and use other ways to reduce anxiety, such as meditation, yoga, listening to music.
- Get out all those old-fashioned board games. Watch TV together or share an electronic game or two. This would also be a great time to watch old family videos. Connecting with happier times is always good for our mental health.
- Limit the news. For your own mental health and the mental health of your children, titrate the intake of news.
- Connect with old friends or family members.
- Start a garden. Garden centers are open, and you can get vegetables to plant.
- Clean out your garage and get your stuff ready for a garage sale.
- Camp in the back yard.
- Make a family COVIS-19 bracelet.
- Listen to a podcast, To say that podcasts are having a moment is a massive understatement. Whether it's to have a serious LOL or be inspired in your career, there's never been a better time to plug into some juicy conversations.
- Learn a craft. Ever wanted to knit, crochet, or learn how to do woodworking? YouTube will keep you busy with plenty of videos to choose from.
Please check our website for any updates on changes regarding our operational procedures during this pandemic.
All of us at Greenway & Associates encorage you to be safe, and be strong.